Friday, November 9, 2007

Take Dressing*

"Take dressing!"... this statement, brings back memories from BLACKGOLD camp, Kaduna.

In the scorching heat of the sun, shouts of -left! right! 1-guard! 2-guard! take dressing from the left, from the right ! - fills the air, as soldiers supervise parade - who cares if it is the right choice of word, but in the soldier's vocabulary it is.
On receiving the command, paraders "take dressing" by looking to the left, right, front, to align with the fore-parader.

Lately, i've been considering what it means to really "take dressing"-as it were in my life,for me it would be- the wrongs i have got to make right, the best way to align my life to be in touch with my maker's plan, the best position to receive of my maker's gifts, blessings distributed on earth, sweeten friendships which have turned sour, the t's to be crossed , i's to be dotted.
At the moment, i am evaluating past events in my life and the relationships therein viz my maker, family, friends, colleagues basically.

''Take dressing'' for me is a way of life, which i have decided to do regularly.The last couple of months spent has been tagged "take dressing".

Stick around for feedback as to how i have been faring.Hope this piece will motivate someone out there to "take dressing" just as i am doing.

I am convinced it would make us all better people thereby making the world at large a better place to live,to buttress the above please ponder on this;

No matter where you go, you take your attitude with you .That's what makes it terrible or wonderful.Yes ,life is what you make it!

No comments: